20.4.12

Hello again.

I realized that it's been awhile since I've blogged and just wanted to give you an update of what I've been up to:

* Experimenting with flavored waters like cucumber-mint and citrus-mint.
I have also been drinking tons of lemon water, which is supposed to have numerous health benefits, but I also found that it helped me dramatically cut down on my coffee and diet soda consumption!


* Working out. Every day.
I think my body is getting used to the cross-training/elliptical machine so I just started working out on the stairmaster this week. It kicks butt! My second time on one, I was just wondering if anyone has ever fallen off, when I answered my own question. I had been going at a nice steady pace for 10+ minutes when out of no where the machine kicked into over-drive! I think this was a machine malfunction - at least that's my story and I am sticking to it! I didn't even have time to hit the STOP button and knew I was going to bail. I did so in the most un-graceful way possible and ended up for of sliding down the stairs while they continued to move! I left the gym not only embarrassed but with bruises covering a good 30% of my body! I look like a grape. BUT I am happy to report that I {cautiously} got back on the next day (not the same exact machine but a newer one at a different location). I've started using the weight machines a few days per week too.

* Experimenting with new, healthy recipes.
I made stuffed red peppers and a low-carb version of chile relleno. I tried shrimp salad on cucumber slides (not a big fan of cucumber though), grilled brussel sprouts (YUM), and zucchini chips (YUM).


* Assembled and addressed almost 50 wedding shower invites.
Remember, these are the ones I designed myself? I'll share photos soon.

* Oh, and pinning. Always pinning.
I am addicted to Pinterest! Are you?

This weekend I have tickets to take an underground tour of Old Sacramento and plan to take a little break from health food for Sacto MoFo (Sacramento's mobile food festival). I'm looking forward to a warm weekend!

3 comments:

Jaymi Guess said...

Go Amy!!!! So happy to hear you are doing so well. xo

bluebicicletta said...

yum! Sounds great! And your stairmaster story is hilarious! I mostly exercise outside so I can get my dog exercised too and I have had my share of incidents when the ground (or a rock, or a mysterious step) jumped up out of nowhere and knocked me down. So sad. Hope you are well Amy!

Geek+Nerd said...

Wow, congrats on all of the little health changes! Those zucchini chips do look incredibly yummy. xo

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!