30.10.11

makin' whoopie

I made whoopie pies for the first time this weekend, using this recipe, inspired by these and these. I highly recommend the recipe, they turned out sooo yummy. Besides, they look like little cupcake sandwiches! I definitely see more whoopie pies in my future.

pumpkin whoopie pies

The picks are made from last year's Martha Stewart stickers and mini popsicle sticks.

pumpkin whoopie pies

pumpkin whoopie pies

Last night I went to an awesome Halloween party, put on by these monsters. I dressed up as a 50s-housewife-turned-zombie. If you can't decide between two costumes, why not combine them??? Plus I'll use any excuse to wear a cute pink apron!

zombified

Did you do anything festive this weekend?

7 comments:

Carrie said...

those look yummy I love the picks sounds like a great costume :)

Loulou said...

Hey, makin' woopie sounds fun, and looks delicious! Still have never had a woopie pie, so might take you up on this recipe.

Loulou @ Loulou Downtown

Mia Rivel said...

Beautiful Blog

-Mia xo
http://naturezfinest.blogspot.com/

The Monster and Me said...

ohhhh my sweeet goodness those things were so friggin good, I ate two in one sitting hahaha

-cass

JaymiPop said...

They were soooooo good! Ahhh, the smell! Yummmy.

Gemma said...

Those look seriously tasty! :)

Gemma said...

Those look seriously tasty! :)

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!