11.10.11

DIY: Cake Pop Display

DIY Cake Pop Display

Materials:
3 Styrofoam discs in 3 different sizes
Styrofoam Glue *Don't use regular glue, it'll eat your Styrofoam!
Approx. 3 Sheets of Scrapbook Paper

Cake Pop Display DIY

Start by tracing your Styrofoam discs, as close together as possible in order to conserve paper.

Cake Pop Display DIY
{I traced onto the back-side of my scrap-booking paper.}

Cut out the circles and glue to the tops of your Styrofoam discs. Now measure the height of each disc and cut 2-3 strips of paper per disc, using the same measurement for the width of the strips.

Cake Pop Display DIY

Glue the strips of paper around each disc. It may take 2-3 strips of paper to cover the circumference.

DIY Cake Pop Display

Now glue the discs together, layer them like a layer cake.

DIY Cake Pop Display

DIY Cake Pop Display

DIY Cake Pop Display

As you make your cake pops, poke the sticks through the layer of scrap-booking paper and into the Styrofoam. Place evenly. You can poke the sticks in straight up and down, or at an angle if you wish.

{If you don't know what a cake pop is, visit Bakerella, STAT!}

Cake Pop Display

NOTE: If you will be traveling with the display, a few tips: I placed my display inside a pie pan and then inside a plastic storage box so that it wouldn't move around in my car. It was still a bit top-heavy and the top two layers fell over before I made it to my destination! Luckily no major harm was done and I was able to re-assemble the display when I got there. You may want to (1) make sure you use plenty of glue between Styrofoam layers and (2) Perhaps remove and bag up the pops separately for better travel.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!