5.9.11

Nesting

I recently picked up where I left off on a few home decor projects. A few corners of my home were desperately in need of color.

home

Instead of painting my built-in book shelf, I cut cardboard to fit inside each shelf and wrapped it in yellow fabric (taping the fabric behind the cardboard to secure it in place).

The book shelf was still looking pretty plain, so I added a few succulents, a partial set of vintage canisters found on etsy, a couple of milk glass vases filled with dried billy buttons, and an inexpensive metal initial that I found at Urban Outfitters.


home

Now that I've made a few finishing touches to my living room, I moved on to the bedroom. The walls were looking awfully plain, especially with all of my white furniture. I decided on plum-colored stripes (using this tutorial for perfect, bleed-free stripes).

bedroom

I'm still working on the curtains and a few other aspects of the bedroom. I'm hoping I'll be ready to post an "official" home tour soon!

1 comments:

Geek+Nerd said...

I have a very similar shelf in my kitchen. I love the idea of the cardboard/fabric inserts. Very clever!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!