26.9.11

Engagement Party Cupcakes

My sister's soon-to-be Mother-in-law hosted a Mexican-food themed engagement party this weekend. Naturally, I volunteered to make the cupcakes. I made 2 versions, tequila lime with a cream-cheese butter cream frosting (based on this recipe) and a non-alcoholic version, minus the tequila. I had A LOT of trouble getting the butter cream to set up, which is why I ended up adding cream cheese and lots of powdered sugar. The frosting still wasn't as thick as I wanted it to be but I was pretty happy with the end result. The decorative limes are slices of lime that I cut in half and double dipped in sugar.

Here are the cupcakes, set up on her MIL's sideboard:

engagement party cupcakes for my sis

I created the display using a dozen margarita glasses, which I purchased at a discount store for $10. The glass "shelves" were temporarily removed from 2 Ikea picture frames. I also created the tissue-covered initials. Stay tuned for a tut!

engagement party cupcakes for my sis

engagement party cupcakes for my sis

engagement party cupcakes for my sis

The non-alcoholic cupcakes were place on a separate tray. I used different wrappers on these as well so that I wouldn't get them mixed up. The regular cupcakes didn't have all that much tequila in them, but I figured it was good to have an option, especially because there were a couple of under-age guests.

engagement party cupcakes for my sis

engagement party cupcakes for my sis

It was wonderful getting to see some family members that I hadn't seen in awhile. Plus, I just love my sister's fiancé's family. I don't have a lot of extended family anymore so it's nice to be welcomed with such open arms. I am looking forward to many family get-togethers in the future.









1 comments:

lauren said...

Looks so lovely, Amy!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!