11.8.11

Refreshing Lemon-Lime Jello Cake

Lemon-Lime Jello Cake


Somewhere along the line, my mom started making a lemon-lime Jello cake every year for my Grams' birthday. Eventually I took over the tradition. And every year, my Grams would make the same speech about what a light and refreshing cake it was for Summer. She was right.

Now that my Grams is no longer with us, I still like to do a little something to remember her on her birthday, so I have continued to bake her favorite cake. I know she'd get a big kick out of that.

Recipe

* 1 pkg. lemon cake mix
* 1 large pkg. lime Jello
* 1 small pkg. instant lemon pudding mix
* 1 envelope Dream Whip
* 1 1/2 cups cold milk

Dissolve Jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water. Stir and set aside to cool.

Bake the lemon cake in a 13x9" pan. Cool completely before using a knife or large fork to poke holes all over the cake. I usually poke my holes in rows. It makes for a pretty design once you cut the cake. Carefully pour the Jello mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate while making the frosting.

Frosting: In a chilled bowl, beat together one package of Dream Whip, the box of lemon pudding, and 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Spread over cake, then refrigerate.

I hope you enjoy it as much as she did.

Me & Grams at halfmoon Bay

Grams

Happy birthday to a very special lady. Hoping she's having a little slice of cake in heaven tonight.

5 comments:

Carrie Rosalind said...

Oh, that sounds SO good! I've had a Jello cake before - but I've only tried it with white cake and red (strawberry?) Jello. That is a yummy yummy cake so I can only imagine how good yours is!

Happy birthday Grams!

Katie said...

MMM! That looks so good!

http://breatheandhush.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

oh that looks good!!!!!

thanks for sharing :)

normalean said...

amy, this is such a great idea!!! unfortunately my granma was "the baker" in our family and I'm not quite as good as she's been. But on her next "birthday" I will try an recipe from her :)

Deb @ Paper Turtle said...

I haven't had Jell-o cake in years. What a lovely way to remember your grandmother. The photos of her are adorable too!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!