22.6.11

Summer Blog Party: Scissor Quirk's Cute Window Garden

Summer Blog Party

I was super-excited when I first found Michelle's Scissor Quirk blog. Michelle is a jack of all trades when it comes to crafting. I adore her scrapbooking layouts and fun embroidery. Today she shows us how to make an indoor garden for Summer.


Hi, guys! It's Michelle from Scissor Quirk, here.

Ah, summer. The sun is finally peeking out and it's getting warm - yay! Last week I wanted to add a little bit of color to my home for the occasion, or at least pretty up the 'garden' we had going on (which mostly consisted of some random empty thrifted pots, a few dead dry things leftover from last year, and a cup full of stones my husband likes). It was really not an inspiring spot in my home.

I have a vintage dresser right by the window that's the perfect height for a garden, so I grabbed a big ol Ikea serving tray that I've had for years (to protect the dresser from watering spills) and picked up a small bag of potting soil. I had enough bright little plant pots that I'd gathered on past thrift stops for just this occasion (and some herb seeds, too - dill, basil, etc.), so I got to planting the seeds and re-potting the sorry little plants we did have into actual pots. And, voila!

Michelle Clement patio

Michelle Clement patio

Michelle Clement patio

Michelle Clement patio

Michelle Clement patio

Michelle Clement patio

Michelle Clement patio

It literally took me all of 20 minutes to brighten up this space - and after a few days of sunshine and watering, everything's perked up and become beautiful!

I plan to keep adding to it, as the summer goes on, too - I found the purple flowering plant outside one day behind an apartment building and brought it home, and my husband bought the sunflower plant the other day, too. There's nothing more lovely than having this cute little garden next to me at home, now - it makes me smile!

Michelle Clement patio

Do you have a garden in the works? It really took me a long time to actually get mine in order - I must've thought it would take a while, or something. Give her a go!


You can find Michelle atwww.michelleclement.typepad.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!