23.6.11

Summer Blog Party: My Girl Thursday's Summer Staple

Summer Blog Party

I've been a fan of My Girl Thursday for some time now. I adore her aprons and tote bags and whatever new creations she's coming up with next. Her current obsession is a mouth-watering collection of vintage clothing for sale in her Etsy shop.

Today she tempts us with an edible treat - perfect for a backyard BBQ or Summer picnic.


Woohooo! Who wants to blog party?!

Hi! My name is Thursday.

 

A little about me....I'm a compulsive crafter, lifelong thriftier, kitsch enthusiast and, most importantly, mama to the very mischievous Georgia Grace. I write about these things and more over at My Girl Thursday.

Where I come from a party isn't a party without a cake. Doesn't matter if it's a full on lush-fest or an uptight tea party, at some point during that shindig you're going to need a slice of cake to serve as comfort. So today I thought I'd share with you the recipe for my favourite summer cake (and maybe a little something extra too).


Admittedly this isn't the most impressive looking specimen in the world of baked goods, but try it once and I'll doubt you'll take it out of your recipe roster. It has just a little bit of weight to it and you can adjust the tartness to your liking.

 

Truth be told I make this cake a few times a year, but I think it's perfection during the summer months. Maybe even better with a tall glass of homemade lemonade? Oh yes, I love me some lemons!

And to add just a little more sunshine to your recipe box I made you all this very Fortuna inspired recipe card.

 

Click the image above to go to the download page.
Save the image to your desktop and print as a full page.
If you're ever in my neighbourhood please make sure you say hello. We can grab a seat in the backyard, grab a slice of cake and make a (hard) lemonade too.



You can find My Girl Thursday at www.mygirlthursday.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!