20.6.11

Summer Blog Party: A little about me

Summer Blog Party

Amy is the PartyMy name is Amy and I am the party. I live in a cute vintage Midtown apartment in Sacramento, CA. My style could be described as vintage modern (a little bit vintage, a little bit modern). A self-proclaimed dork and hostess with the mostess, I spend my free time decorating, searching for vintage treasures, exploring new places, making and designing jewelry and websites, and drinking an absurd amount of coffee.

Amy is the Party is my brand-new blog (welcome!) – but maybe you’ve seen me around? As a blogger, entrepreneur and web designer, I has been involved with the Sacramento craft community for several years. I’ve been blogging and selling my wares since 2005, first under the name Peptogirl Industries and most recently as the Sweet-n-Salty shop. I took part in a digital embroidery pattern venture called Pimp Stitch and started Sacramento’s first Craft Mafia. In 2007, I organized my first IndieSacramento, which fast became Sacramento’s largest “alternative” craft fair. Today I am working to evolve IndieSacramento into an online collective of artists, crafters, and designers.

After 6+ years of blogging and developing my crafty identity, I decided it’s time to develop an online presence that can grown with me – rather than keeping up with one that I’ve outgrown. I have a new job, a new apartment, and a new lease on life. I am ready to try new things, take on new challenges, have fun, and face this world head on. I am inviting you to join me as I celebrate my love of fashion, food, vintage, and DIY. I am ready to party.

What are you waiting for? Put on your party shoes. Let's get this party started.

Join the Party - Follow Me
I've updated a lot of my social networking links, so please be sure to follow my new profiles.

3 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

YAY. Welcome back, Amy :)

Cori said...

Yay!

JaymiPop said...

"My girl likes to party all the time! Party the time! Party all the time!"

I know, I'm lame. Whenever I think of parties, I remember that crazy bad song from Eddie Murphy during his music phase. :)

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!