27.6.11

DIY Mobile Yard on a Budget

DIY Mobile Yard on a Budget

Part of the reason that I choose the apartment that I did was because it came with a corner of patio space. I envisioned a little table and chairs outside my front door but then an idea came to me. Just because I am not quite ready to buy a house yet doesn't mean I am not entitled to a front yard. A little grass, a couple pink flamingos and I'm all set!

Another nice thing about my kitschy little "yard" is that it's mobile - so I can take it with me when I move. I think this would also make an adorable and practical idea for trailer living (or traveling). I can just imagine lounging in front of my Airsteam on top of my Astroturf rug, with a couple of pink flamingos at my side. Now that's my idea of a vacation.

Now here's what I bought to make it happen:
kitschy patio




If you have some of these items on hand already, even better!

kitschy patio

kitschy patio

kitschy patio

It's so nice to come home to a bright and cheery patio. The best part? Astroturf never needs mowing!

kitschy patio

kitschy patio

I hope this inspires you to create or makeover your own patio space.

4 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

I am in love with your flamingos. Seriously! And the astro turf is perfect! I want to live on your front porch.

Faye Marie said...

I have to say the gnomes are my favorite part!!! Where did you get them?

Krissi said...

I totally want to do a Krissified version of this using Skelemingos as my inspiration!

Angie said...

Your patio is the cutest! I can totally envision having a cocktail and a weenie whilst relaxing in that super cute spot!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!