12.3.11

Tour of Sacramento: Antiques

So far, I have three favorite local antique hot spots. I am a sucker for anything Mid-Century and not as interested in the older stuff, so please keep that in mind. My all-time favorite store for exploring (but not necessarily buying) would be Midway Antiques, hands down. If you are in the area and like Mid-Century furniture, this place is a must see. My second fav would be the Second Sunday Antique Faire. There's lots to look at AND some great deals to be had. Number three on my list for browsing AND buying would be the 57th Street Antique Mall.

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

57th Street Antique Mall

I even got to meet a fellow blogger while I was there (Toni of Mimomito - one of my newest favorite blogs)!

Across from this antique mall, you'll find Antique Row. Not a whole lot of cool Mid-Century stuff here but still worth a look. There was one section of Discover Antiques that caught my eye, however.

Discovery Antiques

Discovery Antiques

Discovery Antiques

Discovery Antiques

After much debate, I ended up getting the smallest circle shelf (pictured above) for my bathroom. I saw it weeks ago and couldn't stop thinking about how perfect it would be.

P.S.) If you buy anything here, most dealers offer a 10% discount - you just have to ask.

I'm hoping to make a quick stop by the Antique Faire tomorrow morning. My shopping budget is blown but I'd still like to practice my picture taking. Hoping I'll be back tomorrow with more photos to share.

2 comments:

Vera said...

wow that orange chair is amazing!
by looking at the peeks you've enjoyed yourself very much :D

Claire said...

So many treasures! And I lovve the circle shelf you got

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!