8.2.11

A Year of Firsts

My biggest goal for this year is to try new things. Some activities will be more significant than others but each new first is important in it's own way. Are you ready for my list of firsts for the year?

So far this year…
* I threw my first baby shower.
* I tried fish tacos, catfish, sweet potato pie, and a Monte Cristo sandwich.
* I went to the dentist for the first time in 10 years.
* I assembled my Ikea furniture (almost) all by myself.
* I am living on my own for the first time.
* I drank my first beer (that I’ve finished).
* I had friends over (not a first but something I haven’t done in a long time).
* I did the hula in front of strangers.
* I bought a couch on Craigslist.
* I watched the super bowl…err…most of it.

Would you like to play along?
Blog about some firsts you've accomplished this year and leave me a comment with the link. I will feature you in a future blog post!

Here is a graphic you can feature in your sidebar:

Create Your Life Challenge

I hope you'll play along -- I can't wait to read all about the new things you're trying!

3 comments:

lauren said...

Great idea, Amy! :) It's so awesome to document those "little" firsts..we get so wrapped up in the big ones. And I'm happy to have shared some of those firsts with you! xo.

Melinda said...

LOVE THIS! I agree and this first's and living life is what has been on my life lately! I can't wait to read more of yours! I will be doing some first's with you!

pollyanna cowgirl said...

This is excellent. I will be blogging about some firsts ASAP! (PS. Congrats on your bravery; trying new things is, well, the hardest thing!)

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!