16.1.11

It's raining owls: eclectic owl themed baby shower

On Saturday, Lauren and I threw a shower for our friends Jaymi and Tom. I was pretty obsessive about everything matching and was going for an eclectic owl theme. Jaymi and Tom live in an adorable house so it was easy to dress up for the party. Some of the goodies include pretty striped pink paper straws, brightly colored bottled sodas, toothpicks adorned with paper owls, and $1 shopping bags from Old Navy served as favors. I used pretty trays and bowls from my home that would match the shower colors (fuchsia, yellow, and aqua).

Party Table

Party Table

Lauren made an adorable pennant to welcome Baby Zoey.

Welcome Zoey!

Party Table

We even had a dessert table.

Dessert Table

Lauren's cupcakes are the best. The lemon were my favorite but the chocolate were a close runner-up.

Dessert Table

And yes, those are owl cake pops that you see
(instructions came from Bakerella's new cake pop book).

Dessert Table

Dessert Table

Audrey is anxious to meet her little sister.

Audrey

Owl toothpicks: idea borrowed from this drink stir tutorial

DIY owl picks
DIY felt owl

Present Time


DIY pom-pom owls

And more big news -- I am moving in less than a week! I may need to take a little break from blogging while I get settled in but I can't wait to post lots of before and after photos of my new place.

See you again soon!

9 comments:

kate said...

That is adorable! I love the owl theme and those pom pom owls are to die for! Good luck with the move!

mel said...

gorgeous party! and i love the owl idea for a baby shower, as well as the non-traditional baby colours. great work!

JaymiPop said...

Thank you Amy!!! It was the cutest and best party EVER.

lauren said...

Great pics, Amy! Way better than mine. You did such a wonderful job--everything was amazing. All I did was show up with cupcakes :)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [18 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Rebecca said...

This looks like the cutest party ever! Such a beautiful house too xx

I BLEED PINK said...

Everything looks super cute!! Oh, I LOVE their pink TV in the background!

Claire said...

Everything looks absolutely adorable!

Kayleigh said...

OMG, I bet the party was a HOOT!

Everything looks so fun!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!