21.1.11

A bold bedroom

For my bedroom, I'm going for clean and simple furniture with bold colored accessories. I'll be using my sister's old bed (similar to the Ikea one pictured). My dresser (similar to the one pictured) has been around for years. My dad gave it a fresh coat of white paint (probably a FEW coats) so that it looks shiny and new. I plan to add an Ikea Lack table for a simple and inexpensive nightstand.



My bedspread is from the Liberty of London line from Target a few months back. I had my eye on it for awhile but once I saw it on Rachel's bed, I knew I had to have it for myself.

I'm planning to display my milk glass collection on a set of light wood shelves. The room will also serve as part office with my custom-made maple desk (I'm lucky enough to have a wood-working dad) and a light wood bookcase to house my craft supplies. Plum curtains and spray-painted vintage frames will liven up the white and vanilla walls.

Add a mirror, a round rug, and a few creative jewelry displays and my bedroom will be complete! Can't wait to show you how it turns out.

<3 Amy

3 comments:

Jacki said...

It looks like it's going to be amazing!

Amy said...

I love love love that bedspread! I'm excited to see how it all comes together!

sewtara said...

Wow, this looks like it's going to be great! So nice to start from an empty space and build up from scratch. Can't wait to see it all done.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!