21.12.10

Easy DIY Cupcake Picks

I planned my pick design around the size of the craft punch I have (it's about a 1-1/2 inch scalloped circle). If you have an image editing program that allows you to draw a circle in inches than you are good to go. If not, you'll probably need to do a few test runs to make sure your circle is the right size for your paper punch.

DSCN0568

If you don't want to invest in a paper punch, you can always do squares or rectangles and cut them out by hand.

I designed the cupcake pick on my computer, then copied and pasted my design so that multiple picks would print on one sheet of paper. I then printed these on a thick photo paper. Cardstock works well but the glossy photo paper looked really classy.

Now cut out your shapes (either by hand or with your craft punch). Use regular white glue to glue wooden picks, popsicle sticks, or toothpicks to the back of each shape.

Now all you need are some cupcakes. Sadly, I didn't get a photo of mine before they were eaten!

1 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!