23.10.10

DIY: Pretty Jewelry Mobile

It's been a really long time since I've posted a DIY, hasn't it? I'm hoping to post more as the holiday season approaches - hoping! Life has been busy but good. Here we go...



 Supplies:
embroidery hoop (12-14" is a good size)
6 wooden clothes-pins
jute or yarn
ceiling hook
glue gun (and glue sticks)

Use a glue gun to hot glue the clothes-pins on the outside of the embroidery hoop. Space them evenly and make sure all of your clothes-pins are facing the same way.




Now cut two even pieces of jute or yarn. The length will depend on how high your ceilings are. I used two pieces of jute, measuring about 6 feet each. Tie the ends of the jute (or yarn) onto the embroidery hoop in a double knot. Tie the ends of each piece so that they are across from each other.


 (The pink arrows indicate one piece of jute, while the white arrows indicate the other piece.)

Now screw your ceiling hook into desired spot on your ceiling and hang your mobile.


Use the clothes-pins to hold necklaces and bracelets. Use additional clothes-pins to clip on some cute Instax photos.


Now you have a pretty mobile and a fun way to display your jewelry! If you make a mobile of your own, please share. I'd love to see the variations that people come up with!

13 comments:

cbryan said...

That is adorable! I may have to make one for my studio...

Sara Kate said...

I LOVE this idea!! I definitely need to try this out. Thanks so much for sharing!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That's so pretty! Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

Emily said...

Cute! I am always searching for good ways to display jewelry. I would have to have 8 or 9 of these for all mine, lol can you imagine.

highplainsthrifter.net said...

Super cute idea! I love it! Please keep the DIYs a-comin'!

Elba said...

Que idéia genial!!!!
Beijinho! :)

lauren said...

Great tut! Wish had jewelry as cute as yours to go with :) xo

sewtara said...

This is a fantastic idea!
I think I need one.

JaymiPop said...

Awesome idea!!!! I sure missed your cute tutorials!

Ashlee Gadd said...

SO cute! And easy! Love.

ellecupcake said...

This is sooo cool! And easy! What an awesome idea. I want to make one :)

Geek+Nerd said...

This is very cool...I would love one of these to display holiday cards! It would be perfect to hang one of these over my dining room table. I'll let you know if I get to it this season!

Cory said...

love this. I featured you on my blog today.http://sometimesicraftmyself.blogspot.com/2010/11/tutorial-tuesday.html

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!