14.7.10

It's been awhile...

It's been awhile, hasn't it? While adjusting to my new job, fitness routine, and re-assessing my priorities, my poor blog has gotten lost in the shuffle. I have sooo many new ideas and concepts...including...EEP! A business name change! I finally came up with one that I think is going to stick. But I'm not telling yet...you'll have to wait.

In the meantime, I'm also working on updating Lauren's website to reflect all of the amazing painting she's been doing lately. Plus this past weekend I had a fun sleepover with Lauren at Jaymi's house, which included lots of shopping, too many Twizzlers, yummy strawberry-filled cupcakes, lots of gossip and movies...and a Second Saturday that was a bit too adventurous for my taste.

100_6273
(photo taken during June Second Saturday)

Second Saturdays in Sacramento have developed into a huge art walk where you can find monthly gallery receptions and tons of craft vendors spread throughout Midtown (and other areas of Sacramento as well). It's a really fun and awesome event that's been steadily growing. But I'm noticing each month that there are less people out and about who appreciate art and more and more people who have an over-appreciation for alcohol. You get that many inebriated people in one small area of town and you tend to have problems. I'll spare you the details but it got a little dicey. And that's why I've decided to take a break from vending for awhile (except for Renegade of course)!

Now that I'm working full time again, I'm realizing that I like running my business as a hobby because that's what makes it fun for me. Once it gets stressful (or downright scary) then I know it's time to quit.

Can't can't wait to share my new business venture with all of you!

<3 Amy

3 comments:

Kelly at I Dream of Decor said...

happy to see you back, I love your posts! and i agree about the business stuff, I used to run a business and it got so stressful that creating wasn't fun anymore and I've taken a looong hiatus from it. Your booth is really cute by the way!

goody-goody said...

Eek! It was scary, wasn't it?! But we stuck together and made it home! :)

katie jean said...

Gotta here the new name! What can possibly top Pepto Girl? I am off now to see Lauren's site. She makes the cutest things, and I love the work you did for her :)

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!