21.4.10

Waking Up in the Land of Glitter

It's been awhile since I've done a crafty book review but I just finished this fun and up-lifting novel and wanted to share.

Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel Waking Up in the Land of Glitter: A Crafty Chica Novel by Kathy Cano-Murillo


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I don't get a chance to read for fun very often but I own two of Kathy's craft books and I am familiar with her writing through those and a short story I read on her blog. There aren't that many stories out there about crafty women, so I was intrigued. The book is a heart-warming story about friendships, love, and finding oneself. It is a light-read that can easily be read in 2-3 days (plus you won't want to put it down). I identified with the characters and also recognized some of the inspirations in the story line, being familiar with Kathy's blog and having been lucky enough to meet her and her wonderful family.

In addition to the book, you will find instructions on how to make your own love shrine and glittered cactus garden (two of the projects that were made by characters in the book).

Loved this book! My only complaint: Maker's Marketplace sounds magical. I wish it really existed!

View all my reviews

3 comments:

Out of Order said...

ooh I'd really like to check this out! I just read What The Thunder Said, and well, it was not an uplifting crafty book (though it was still good)!

Pretty Crafty Thang said...

Great review! It's in my "to read" list - I may need to put it up higher in my list though :-)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!