12.2.10

Fashion Fridays: Hard Candy at Walmart!

I was craving some new nail polish colors and thought I'd save some money and see what shades Walmart had to offer. To my surprise, I came upon a huge Hard Candy display (a brand previously found at stores like Ulta and Sephora). Hard Candy was cute and affordable and my gateway drug into what they call "prestige" cosmetics. Recently, this brand has been disappearing from high-end beauty stores and is now being offered at Walmart. The makeup line is targeted towards teenagers...or, you know, thirty-something-year-olds who refuse to grow up.

Hard Candy nail polish
(Hard Candy nail polish in shades Sweat Pea & Frenzy)

Hard Candy nail polish in Frenzy

The verdict? It looks as good as more expensive brands and they offer an amazing choice of colors. Oh, and they come with cute plastic rings!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, the "frenzy" (blue) color is soo pretty!! I wish my local walmart was big enough to carry the Hard Candy products!

Carol Anne said...

aww that blue is awesome!! I can't seem to find anything cute at my walmart. I will have to keep an eye out on that brand.

Jess said...

My favorite brand that you can get for super cheap: LA Girl. It's avaiable at both Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters, though significantly cheaper at F21. (And the Downtown Plaza F21 always has a ton of polish!) Anyway, it's always a 2-coat polish and it wears like iron.

That polish is the only thing that's made me want to shop at Walmart in years. Which is saying something.

Peptogirl said...

Jess - Thanks so much for the tip! I need to get my hair cut soon and I usually park at the mall...but then I have to buy something to get my parking validated. Now I know I can run in to F21 and get a bottle of polish. Cool.

DeAndra said...

Thanks for posting this! I've been wanting a blue color like this! I will be off to WM today. I hope they have it here. Oh, and I love what you say about us 30-somethings! I am not growing up!!!! Why should we? :)

Manon said...

Thanks for sharing!
Those colors are so pretty!
I want one..

Pretty Crafty Thang said...

Ha! The heart rings were always my favorite part of buying Hard Candy polish.

Little Miss Cupcakes said...

It's so cute!
I don't know this brand "Hard Candy" (I know "Ed Hardy"...)Their packaging is very cute.
Sorry for my poor english!

See you soon and thanks to its discovery.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!