18.12.09

my new bff

My sewing machine and I are friends again. I managed to finish a whole project in one afternoon. That hasn't happened in awhile.

Christmas tree skirt

I wasn't sure if my idea was going to work quite right and was pleasantly surprised when it did. The only thing I would change is to make a bigger circle next time. I only had a fat quarter of each of the 4 fabrics so I was limited by the size of those. The tree skirt was actually a bit small for our regular tree but it worked great on my antique silver tree (the one I decorated with Pez).

100_3812

100_3822

If the photo looks a little strange to you, it's because we have this sort of brick wall in the middle of the room and the tinsel trees are sitting up on top. Our bedroom is actually a loft, so we can look down onto the living area below:

100_3823

100_3824

It sounds a lot cooler than it is. haha.

Hope you are wrapping up all of your last minute holiday projects too!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I think it is adorable. Love the fabrics you chose.

Meg said...

The hubby and I still have to wrap all of the kids "Santa" presents, but we aren't finding the time to do so! So that is what we will be doing next week while they are in school! Your tree skirt looks really good and fun! Hope all is well, Happy Holidays!

xoxo~Meg

Kelly at I Dream of Decor said...

love your tree skirt! all your crafts are always amazing but this is probably one of my favorites:) and your home looks amazing for the holidays!

thomasenaalicea said...

路過~很有趣吶.....................................................

Katie Trott said...

Leave it to you Amy to have a Pez tree! I love it :D And it's great to see you sewing.

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!