21.11.09

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I caved. It's not even Thanksgiving and I've already decorated. I just couldn't help myself.

holiday love
I made the yarn wreath and pom-pom garland, inspired by sooo many pretty wreath and pom-pom projects I've seen lately.

holiday love
Jewelry displays and empty glass jars are a great way to highlight vintage ornaments.

holiday love
My "busy" wall. I love the vintage fruit bowl filled with vintage ornaments. So pretty.

holiday love
Vintage light-up Santa. My Gramps bought this for me sooo many years ago (for $5!). On the shelf behind: 7 years of Disney snow globes obtained from JcPenny, the morning after Thanksgiving (it's our tradition).

I need to get some better photos but I am so excited to sport a Pez tree this year! I've collected Pez for years and was so excited to see Elsie's tree from last year.

Pez tree

Pez tree

Pez tree

I'm so happy to finally have a cute way to display my collection.

What are your holiday traditions/ collections?

5 comments:

Geek+Nerd said...

Oh my gosh, my husband has a killer PEZ collection - that would be such a fun way to display them. As for traditions, we get our tree in the same place every year, every year I make a homemade ornament for every one in my immediate family, I always participate in the big online Holiday Ornament Swap and there always have to be shortbread cookies cut out like strawberries and dipped in chocolate. Family tradition. I'm sure there is more but I don't want to leave you a novel, HA!

Melissa Haworth said...

Looks awesome!

Peptogirl said...

Oooh, awesome traditions! I love that you do a handmade ornament each year!

Carrie said...

everything looks so good I love your pez tree and your light up santa :)

♥Carrie

Pink Petunia Designs said...

I love that you have already decorated! That fireplace is awesome! We have a bright red cone one up at our cabin in Lassen. It wouldn't be the cabin without the red fireplace!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!