24.10.09

sneak peaks

brooch for shy peopleI promised I'd stitch up a couple of designs from my favorite things pattern (if you missed it, be sure to check it out - it's a free pattern for you to download and use). This is as far as I got. Granny squares got the best of me this week. It's all I can think about.

P.S.) I call this brooch for shy people. If you are often too shy to say "hi" first, let your brooch do it for you.

The other thing I promised...a tutorial for an Autumn wreath that came to me in my dreams... It didn't come together quite as easily as I thought so I'll post a tutorial as soon as I get it just right. Here is a little hint:

a surprise...

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. Today was chore day for me but tomorrow I get to have a slumber party with a very special 'lil sis. I haven't seen her in like FOREVER.

I managed to get a little thrifting in today as well. Pretty much my best thrift store purchase EVER. Still deciding if I should switch out the frame and exactly where to hang it.

gnome sweet gnome

Happy weekend!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the gnome how great!

A Girl Called E said...

that is such a great find!
i love it - and i love your blog :)

Stacey B said...

Oh man I love the Gnome stitch! That's the best thrift store find ever.

Little Brown Box said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I agree, the BEST thrift find EVER!

katie jean said...

wow! great gnome. I thought you were going to say that you made it. But thrifting it is just almost better! Someone else made it and you get to find the special treasure :D

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!