30.9.09

Wednesday inspiration

I've been trying to teach myself to crochet. I need to make some granny squares for the next RVA project but I just can't seem to figure it out. I did make much progress, however, after reading Silje's advice on her little bird crafts blog. Definitely check out her post if you're trying to learn. She's got some amazing scrapbooking photos there too.


(photo from little bird crafts)

Then today, I was referred to do you mind if i knit by Danielle Thompson (another amazing blog, btw). Isn't this scarf the most beautiful thing you've ever seen???


(photo from do you mind if i knit)

I think I just may have to sign myself up for a crochet class. In other news, I've been busy cleaning, cooking, nesting, and drinking pumpkin spice lattes. The whether is a tad more Fall-like this week and I'm taking full advantage. I'm hoping for a date night with Darryl this weekend to see this movie. And I just might dig out the Halloween decorations tomorrow.

I just realized it will officially be October 1st in 26 minutes. Happy October everyone!

7 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

That scarf is so cute! I have also tried to learn to crochet and if I don't practice I forget in about 5 minutes. I've found the best resource are the crochet books written for children--the only ones with useful directions!

cindyn said...

Happy October to you too!

Carrie said...

The scarf is great I can crochet but haven't been able to figure out the granny squares yet but I am still trying!

Geek+Nerd said...

That scarf is awesome! I've been knitting for years, but I haven't quite figured out crochet. Sigh. I hope to learn one day. I'm obsessed with the Babette blanket that was floating around a few years ago: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=babette%20blanket&w=all

Carol Anne said...

I took a crochet class this past spring. I am so glad I did! I learned the basic stitches then went on youtube and watched tooons of videos. Now I crochet ALL the time! This last weekend I tried granny squares. So much fun!

taylah_ said...

the colours on those squares match your blog perfectly! I can chain a mile a minute in temrs of crocheting, but the other necessities? mmm, lets not go there...
=o aah, we'll get there in the end!

taylah_ said...

woooohooo! granny sqaure conquered! pics on my blog. can't wait to see how yours turns out.
:)
have a nice day xx

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!