25.7.09

priceless

You may remember a couple of months ago, I had to say goodbye to my dog, Rags. Well, my childhood cat was just as old and yesterday we lost her.

$37.50

Many of you might know this story but I'll tell it again. $37.50 was my great-grandpa's cat. My great grandparents had a number of cats, but $37.50 was a favorite. Her name was originally Fridge (because she would sit by the fridge and meow) but my great grandpa re-named her after taking her to the vet to be fixed. The bill was $37.50. He used to say "That cat isn't worth $37.50..." and the name stuck. My grandma brought her to us when great grandpa passed away. My mom was none too happy as we'd never owned a cat, but needless to say, she grew on us.

When we first let $37.50 outside, my mom was afraid she wouldn't come home. I climbed up on our rickety swing set to see into the neighbors yard and cut my wrist on a screw. $37.50 did return home and I still have the scar on my wrist to remember her by.

Rest in peace, $37.50. You were a good kitty and lived a nice, long life.

1 comments:

Little Brown Box said...

Awww, $37.50! She's with Rags now.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!