19.4.09

ready for a change...

I've been ready for a new logo for awhile now but was having a terrible time deciding which image to go with. I tried drawing Peptogirl as a variety of kitschy, retro, cartooney characters but none of them felt quite right. I had done the silhouette awhile ago but it took a boy's opinion to make it just right. I'm not completely sure about the font and the thought bubble yet...but I think I like it. I also realized that my site hasn't been updated in AGES so I put up a little coming soon page until the new site is up. I'm hoping it'll be done sometime this summer. Cross your fingers for me!

Also, after years of hiatus, I've started painting again. After a bad experience in college, it's been really hard for me to let go and let myself finish a project without thinking it looks awful and tossing it in the garbage. The RVA class really helped me to let my creativity flow without worrying about right and wrong. I am SO excited to be painting again! I've updated my etsy shop with a few of the new things I've been working on...

Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
peptogirl.etsy.com


Hope you likey!

6 comments:

Melissa Haworth said...

yay for painting! and I love your new logo. so cute!

Katie Trott said...

Amy, I really like your new logo!! And your paintings are adorable too :)

Pink Petunia Designs said...

I am lovin your new logo! And I think your paintings are awesome. I love all the stuff you did in the RVA class.

QuirkyDolls said...

The ice cream is my fav

Taylah said...

they are so cute!
i have a notbook with a unicorn on it , almost exact same!

Blue Bicicletta said...

Very cool logo Amy---and also cool that you started painting again! I had a bit of a hiatus from drawing and painting after some not-so-confidence-inspiring teachers, but as you know, I'm back at it now.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!