6.4.09

a couple more projects down...

and so many to go!

I finished the doily necklace project for the RVA class:

Doily Necklace

Doily Necklace


This is a new project that's been in the works for awhile - needlepoint necklaces!

needlepoint necklace

ice cream cone x-stitch by me!
wiener dog pattern by Lauren Brandy (it's in our Pimp Stitch pattern booklet)

My buddy Evie talked me into submitting my "fiber" jewelry to Sideshow Studios textile show. I actually had a couple of embroidery projects in mind as well but I just didn't get them finished in time. You can come check out my vintage spool and needlepoint necklaces this Saturday (and for the rest of April) at Sideshow plus a lot of other REALLY cool textile art.

Taking Textiles Not So Seriously

Textile and fiber arts are often an overlooked medium. So after the success of our first textile art show, we decided do it again - but this time with a twist! Taking Textiles Not So Seriously highlights the quirky world of textile and fiber arts and crafts. But be warned - this ain't your granny's quilt show! We'll feature crocheted plushies, creative beadworks, costume and clothing designers, felted creations, handmade paper arts, knitted monsters, hand-tailored dolls, offbeat art quilts and wall hangings, sewn crafts, and many other artworks that use textiles or fibers as a medium. And you can see demonstrations of the unique techniques used by these inspirational artists!

Date:
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Location: Side Show Studios
Street: 5635 Freeport Boulevard, Suite 6
City/Town: Sacramento, CA

Hope to see you there!

6 comments:

Little Brown Box said...

Congrats on the Slideshow Studios! That's awesome!!!

I absolutely LOVE your doily necklace! Would you be willing to do a little crafty trade? A doily necklace for a few of my felty headbands?

Stacey B said...

It is absolutely necessary that I own one of those stitched necklaces! AMAZING!

Krissi said...

LOVE the needlepoint necklaces!

Melissa H said...

I LOVE the pendants! Any interest in a trade for a wood pendant?? I love hearing about the RVA stuff--you've turned me on to their site.

Peptogirl said...

Trades for sure! Just put in your color requests ;)

Missie Zee said...

What a cute idea. I love the little dog with the flower beads!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!