23.9.08

WIP

I was taking some photos of my WIP (Work In Progress) projects and I got to thinking about how my whole life is in WIP mode right now. For instance, although I don't have any news to announce regarding IndieSacramento just yet, I can assure you that there is lots of planning going on behind the scenes. I know it's a little late to plan a big show for this holiday season. I'm sorry to disappoint on that end but it's something I had to do because it's the best thing for ME. The last year and a half I've been going full steam ahead on my crafty endeavors and it's time that I take a step back, take a deep breath, and decide what my next move is. I'm also switching around my priorities, putting my health and fitness at the forefront. I've been working out at the gym and eating healthy, which means I'm going to have to be more choosy about the projects I take on. Not a bad thing, and I'm happy to report that I've lost 25 pounds so far.

There's some other life changing things taking place in my life right now. My BBF and I were finally making arrangements to start seriously looking for a house and were setting a date to go ring shopping when the effects of a bad economy hit home. Most of the IT jobs in his company will be replaced with cheap labor in India. But I have faith that everything will be fine. It's not time to worry yet and I have a strong feeling that we will both come out stronger because of it.

Okay, so enough talk about WIP projects, it's time to show you some of the things I've been working on!

Rubber stamp goodness


These are some gift tags and paper sacks that I've been making for no particular reason other than I wanted to try out some of my new holiday stamps. I was thinking of using these as gift-wrapping for upcoming shows. Almost all of the stamps I used are made by A-Muse and over half of them were designed by Missy. I embellished the stamped images with markers and glitter.

Rubber stamped tags

Xmas Bags


I made a bunch more vintage button rings. Don't they look yummy? I just want to eat them up!

Vintage button rings


I've been (gasp!) painting, using some of the images I designed for Pimp Stitch.

New Paintings


And then I made these fun, colorful wooden mushrooms — with improved photos from my new photo studio (a.k.a. a piece of white foam core board sitting on the inside of the open dishwasher door (it's low enough to the ground that the lighting gets diffused a bit).

Wooden Mushrooms


And finally, I lost enough weight that it was time to "size down" my closet so I spent an entire day going through every single piece of clothing I own to decide what stays and what goes. It's not the walk-in closet that I dream of but it's clean and that's the best that I can hope for.

Cleanin' out my closet


Thanks so much to everyone for your support and understanding. My life may be in WIP mode but I'm happy with where I am right now and am excited about the possibilities for the future.

8 comments:

goody-goody said...

Yay for Amy! I am in awe of the steps you've made to change your life..congrats on the "new" you. And I can't believe those pics are in your dishwasher!! I thought to myself--"geez, she must have a photo studio!". They are great. Expect me to show up on your doorstep with my stuff to borrow your dishwasher.

Sacred Snatch said...

Wow Amy! Congrats on the weight loss. I am finally getting my act together, and am making changes too. I am tired of being tired!

Best wishes your new chapter!

Melissa H said...

Wow! you have been busy! Congrats on so many accomplishments!

Krissi's Stitchery said...

You GO Amy! It's really tough to make changes in your life and I'm totally thrilled that you stuck to 'em! Congrats on the 25 lbs (geez!) and any time you have one of those days where you just don't want to go to the gym, call me and I'll talk you into it (no guilt involved).

Continue to rock on, sister.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oh my, so much cuteness! I LOVE those little tags.

belle said...

wip! looks great, I love the tags and those rings are quite yummy MY goodness 25 lbs !! those rings must be a good sweet replacement maybe I need to get me one and shed a few lbs.thanks for share your fabulosoes

candeelady/quirkydolls said...

Congrats on the wt. loss - you have inspired me! Gotta get out and walk more than twice a week.(lazy me)
Don't let the economy get you down, I try not to and my dh has had his income chopped BAD! If you two can weather these stressful times then you know it's a strong match. Life is a roller coaster and a good partner makes it a whole lot better!

Saucy said...

Pepto Girl,

You are too darn crafty for your own good. I like the diswasher photo shoot! I will visit your blog on a regular basis, for your inventiveness alone.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!