22.8.08

Spreadin' the Sparkle in Sacramento

Tonight Kathy Cano Murillo (a.k.a. the Crafty Chica) stopped in Sacramento to promote her new line of Duncan craft supplies. The supplies dwindled down over the night so I'm hoping Michael's has plenty more on order. I'm also hoping they'll be stocking this line at MY neighborhood Michael's store soon. That way, I can dash out at 9pm to pick up some last minute glitter for a project I'm trying to finish.

I have to tell you, this is the second time I've gotten to meet Kathy and she is so NICE. I mean really nice. She's got a really sweet and bubbly personality and she's a great story teller. To hear her tell stories in person was just like reading the personal antidotes in her books and on her blog — only better! And not only is she nice, I got to meet her whole family and they are all so warm and friendly.

Kathy's husband, Patrick does a lot (all?) of her artwork and it was a pleasure to meet him as well! He is also incredibly talented. Some of my favorite illustrations that he's done can be seen on www.azcentral.com/ent/dead/history/.

Okay, enough gushing. It's time for some pictures!

I made these cupcakes to celebrate the "Spread the Sparkle" Tour. Doesn't the colored sugar look a bit like glitter? I am dreaming of glittered cupcakes. How cool would that be?!

Spread the Sparkle Cupcakes


I also made a sign using Crafty Chica paints and glitter.

Spread the Sparkle in Sacramento


And here's me with Kathy, I'm getting my book signed!

Spread the Sparkle in Sacramento


P.S.) Kathy's newest book is called The Crafty Chica Collection. Keep an eye out for my review! For reviews of Kathy's new line of craft supplies, check out Krissi's blog.

One more thing! I made a gingerbread man (or woman) using my Sweet Dreams Embroidery Pattern Collection on Pimp Stitch. It's supposed to be a "sugar baby" for the Sugarcube Society Etsy Shop. It'll be up for sale soon and all the proceeds go the the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.

Sweet Dreams Ginger


Whew! I'm off to take a shower and go to bed for a busy day of crafting tomorrow. I still have to do my Handmade for the Holidays tute!

Gnite!

4 comments:

Pink Petunia Designs said...

I loved meeting Kathy. She was super nice! I am hoping they get more of her kits in soon. I am itching to try one out. I love the gingerbread man. He is so cute!

roxycraft said...

Oh!!! How fun! I wish I could have escaped last night. I would have loved to have met Kathy!

Krissi's Stitchery said...

I'm working up new project & kit reviews as we speak (err... write... whatever). It was great to see you last night! You looked super cute in your custom button necklace (meant to tell you that - oops).

See you again SOON!

Katie Trott said...

Cute picture, did you get a haircut since I saw you last? I like it! And I am in love with your gingerbread person, very, very cute!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!