28.8.08

Handmade for the Holidays: Fabric & Button Barrettes and Block Printing

Handmade for the holidays


It has occurred to me that if I want to keep my Handmade for the Holidays posts going up 'til the holidays, I might run out of tutorial ideas. One girl has only got so many tricks, you know? I've decided that in addition to posting my own tutorials, I'm going to refer you to other great tutorials out there. And boy, there are some good ones.

For example, this great tutorial I found on belle and burger.

Belle & Burger Tute


Belle has posted a terrific tutorial on how to make fabric and button barrettes. These are super simple and cheap to make. I think they would make an excellent gift for little girls as well as your trendier girlfriends! I think I might even make a few extras...for myself, of course!

Lizzy House block printingThere's another great tutorial on the blog of Lizzy House, an art student who is graduating with a degree in printmaking. Who knew you could major in something so fun and creative! Can I go back to school please?

Her tutorial is on block printing, which is all the rage right now and really fun! I've tried my hand in it but have been looking for some further instructions and tips. Thanks to Lizzy, I found them.

Use block printing to customize all kinds of holiday gifts...cards, stationary, clothing, giftwrap, tags, totebags...the possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

Cowgirls and Cupcakes said...

Those barrettes are awesome and I have so many fabric scraps because I keep everything. I just have to find the barrettes at JoAnnns now! Cool! Great Christmas ideas!

sewitsforyou said...

I love the barettes. I think it's great how you have tons of tutorials. I need to get more supplies.

belle said...

Thanks for mentioning my tutorial! very sweet...love your review of The Naughty Secretary Club book.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!