9.5.08

Books that THIS working girl can't wait to get her hands on...

UPDATE! Jennifer gives us a sneak peak at one of the projects that will be included in her new book. Check out this video for how to make a Naughty Secretary resin bracelet.

Secretary's Delight Resin Bracelet


**********************************************************************************


Naughty Secretary Club Book


I am SO excited about the release of Jennifer Perkin's book The Naughty Secretary Club: The Working Girls Guide to Handmade Jewelry. Now THIS is my kind of jewelry book! I stole a couple of photos from Jennifer's blog because I think they really "sell" the book! Check it out:

Naughty Secretary Club Book

Naughty Secretary Club Book


Lots of tasty photographs and plastic bead goodness! I would pre-order my copy on Amazon, but I'm holding out for a signed copy. They'll be available at www.naughtysecretaryclub.com pretty soon, so keep an eye out. My only disappointment is that Jennifer is going to blow my cover with instructions for making your own sweater clips. But you'd so much rather get one from me than make your own anyway...right? And to be completely fair, I swiped the idea from Super Crafty, one of my all-time favorite craft books.

KnitAidSpeaking of bad ass craft books, Vickie Howell has a new book out called KnitAid. Actually, the official title is Knit Aid: Rx for the Knitter is a learn it, fix it, finish it guide for the knitter on the go. Quite a mouthful, isn't it? I tried learning to knit once...I think I made a Barbie blanket (didn't get as far as a whole scarf) then I promptly put down my knitting needles and forgot. What a shame! I think the fiber arts may not be the right craft for someone with crafting ADD. If only I had four arms instead of two, then I could knit and multi-task at the same time. *sigh*

1 comments:

Jennifer Perkins - Naughty Secretary Club said...

you are so awesome for blogging this! I need to be sure to get you some free copies when the book comes out!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!