8.4.08

Handmade with an Attitude

The Sacramento Craft Mafia makes the cover (of the Scene section) of the Sacramento Bee! Read it here.

Sac Bee Photo

Left to right: Melody Claussen-Furry, Katie Reeves, and Amy Cluck. Photo by Michael Allen Jones.



*That's me on the right! I am a little disappointed because I'm blinking/ squinting in the photo. But what can you do?! Oh, and that's a heat gun that I'm holding - it's used to melt stuff. Years ago I was really big into rubber stamps and embossing powder so for those of you who don't know, you sprinkle the embossing powder on wet ink then "melt" it with a heat gun to create a raised image. Now I mostly use it to melt records (for record cuffs and bowls). I also melted my mom's carpet once...um, that's just between us though, OK?

5 comments:

Krissi's Stitchery said...

Rock on with yo' bad selves!

Mary (craft addict) said...

Y'all look fabulous!

Glitter said...

Yay! Loved the article and the picture is so cute. Thanks for representin'!

speckledhen said...

Wait, that was from me. Claire was still logged in on my 'puter!

Sacred Snatch said...

Hot Chicks with Hot Tools! Perfecto!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!