6.3.08

Big changes ahead for the Sacramento Craft Mafia

It's been a little over a year since the Sacramento Craft Mafia held it's very first meeting and now it's time to bring in the new officers (or the Donnas, as we affectionately call them). The poll results are in and starting in April the new officers will be:

President
Shonda of Ignition

Vice President
Erika Ashley of Charming

Secretary
Sophia of Simply Strands

Treasurer
Katie of Kaytea

Officers at Large
Antoinette of Creatress
Lorraine of Rain's Embellishments

Parliamentarian
Claire of Little Lovelies

Congratulations!

Before passing on the torch to the new officers, I think a little blog speech is in order!

Ahem…

I am not a leader in the typical sense. I'm quiet. I don't care for being the center of attention. But I'm ambitious and determined. I knew that as a group that we'd be able to accomplish more than any one person alone. As a group, we would have a louder voice and a bigger impact on the community. My goal was to network with other crafters, to plan more alternative craft fairs for Sacramento, and to "put Sacramento on the map as the capital of Crafts" as Melody put it so well when she wrote our mission statement.

When we held our first meeting, just a little over a year ago, I had no idea that the group would grow to over 30 members – or that I would be conducting meetings (I really just wanted to make the web site). I have learned so much over the past year about event planning and marketing. I didn't have any prior experience in these things when the group began, but now I feel like I've acquired skills that I will be able to apply to my own business, as well as to my other crafty endeavors. But, of course, I didn't gain this experience and knowledge alone, it was the girls of SCM who helped me, supported me, taught me. I am so thankful for their friendship and support. I am thankful for having the opportunity to lead such a diverse and talented group.

I am looking forward to continuing to be an active (though slightly less active) member of the Craft Mafia so that I can put some much needed time into my own business. I also look forward to putting some new craft-related projects into motion and will continue to have an active role in the craft community, both locally and globally.

Thank you so much and I wish all of the new officers the best of luck!
Amy Cluck

3 comments:

Sacred Snatch said...

Viva La Sacramento Craft Mafia.
Change is always good for the soul.
You were a fabulous President Amy, you have lots to be proud of!

Peptogirl said...

awww...thank you! i am excited to hear about the crafty cruise. i hope you took lots of pictures!!!

Christina said...

Your post said everything perfectly! sad to not be prez--but excited to have time for your own business :]

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!