2.12.07

IndieSacramento

Whew! IndieSacramento has come and gone. I won't say that I pulled it off without a hitch (believe me, there WERE hitches) but still I pulled it off. My heart soared when I saw the line of people waiting to get in. The swag bags were gone within the first 15 to 20 minutes. Vendors and patrons had positive comments and were asking when we might do it again. Again? I'm just glad to get through this one.

I am SO grateful for the patience of the vendors who bared with me as I ran around scatter-brained. I was really impressed by the quality and variety of products. I'll be pimpin' their wares long after IndieSacramento has ended! I am thankful for Monica of Puppy Bird who organized a fun and cute fashion show featuring designs by Puppy Bird, Olipom, Wildflower Boutique, and the Sacramento Craft Mafia. Larisa of www.larisabryski.com and Punch Rebel Jewelry did an AMAZING job coordinating the bands, mike, music, etc. She also gave an amazing performance, as did all of the bands who were there. I also want to give a special shout out to Jimmy Mazerik not only for the great performance but for hanging out and supporting the show well after his performance was over. Then I have to thank my girls from the Sacramento Craft Mafia who showed up early and stayed late measuring the floor, cleaning up trash, moving tables, helping me to set up my booth when there was 5 minutes left to opening, etc. etc. THANK YOU SO MUCH for supporting me and sharing my dream. Finally, I would like to thank the community for their support, including the folks from Consumers For A Fur Free Society, the Sacramento News & Review, and Midtown Monthly. The event would not have been such a success without these people. I also must thank Olivia of Olipom and Bow & Arrows for her support and advice and for helping me to spread the word. Thank you to Michael at the Coffee Garden for not only putting up with our unruley craft mafia meetings but for also providing yummy hot chocolate for all the vendors. Oh, and I have to thank my mom (Hi, Mom!) for handing out swag bags, for watching my booth while I talked to vendors and took photos, and for supporting me! And even though he'll probably never read this, thank you to Darryl my bf and bff for his hard work helping me with floor plans when I was freaking out, for putting up with the stress, and for moving around tables, chairs and all kinds of other heavy objects as I prepared for the show. Finally (for real this time), thank you to everyone who came out to show your support! The event would not, could not have been such a success without you.

With all my thank yous out of the way, check out all the great photos I took! I started an IndieSacramento Flickr group where others can upload their photos so check back often.

IndieSacramento, www.indiesacramento.com


Okay, back to sleep for me. I'll write again later this week when I've fully recovered. TTFN!

1 comments:

Naomi said...

Congrats on your show! I hope you have a joyful and rewarding holiday season. I may be asking for your advice about cupcakes, too! N.

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!