26.10.07

Cool Jewels

Cool Jewels


A few days ago, I got a MySpace message from Naomi, asking if I wanted to review her beading book, Cool Jewels: Beading Projects for Teens. At the time, I didn't realize that Naomi is the also the Senior Editor of BeadStyle magazine. I am always amazed by the people you come to meet on MySpace! BeadStyle magazine has some really great beading projects.

I received Naomi's book in the mail yesterday and was excited to see that this was not just so ho-hum beading book. Had I seen this book on the shelves, I would have purchased it for the inspiration factor alone. As you can see, the charm bracelet on the cover is colorful and fun - and just a small example of the goodness you will find inside.

I love the jewelry in this book because it is simple and fun with a hip flair. The directions are clear and concise and the layout is definitely reminiscent of BeadStyle magazine so if you are a fan of the magazine than you will be a fan of this book. As an advanced beader, I know most of the techniques in this book, but there are a few tips, tricks, and techniques that even I didn't know. That makes it a great book for beginning and advanced beaders, alike.

I noticed a couple of my favorite projects were featured on Naomi's MySpace blog so I snatched them to share with you (hopefully that's okay)!

The first are the beaded snowflakes. I have made these before (saw it in BeadStyle magazine). They look great on the tree and they make great Christmas gifts.
Cool Jewels


The second project is how to make your own hoop earrings. I love this tutorial because it shows you how to make your own earring findings as well, which is cool because I find it's difficult to find unique findings in bead and craft stores.
Cool Jewels


If you still aren't sure, then check out the Cool Jewels blog or visit Naomi's MySpace for more project examples.

2 comments:

yukie said...

I just found this; thanks for the kind words and the links! Have a great Thanksgiving. N.

Marta said...

It looks really cool! Thanks for sharing!
Please visit my jewellery blogand give me your opinion.. =)
http://www.beijoterias.blogspot.com/
Kiss from Portugal.
Marta

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!