3.6.07

Cool cupcakes and a guerilla craft bazaar that you won't want to miss

It seems like everyone is blogging about cupcakes these days. I'd like to take credit for the trend but I know cupcakes were cool way before I started blogging about them. Speaking of which, have you read Jennifer Perkins's latest cupcake related post? Hop on over to the Naughty Secretary blog to check it out (Um, don't forget to finish reading MY post first! hehe).

That reminds me, have you heard about Stitch, yet? Stitch is a fashion show and guerilla craft bazaar held in downtown Austin, Texas. The next one happens on Saturday, November 10th! I'd really like to apply but traveling just isn't in my budget yet. Someday I'll travel the U.S. going from indie craft show to indie craft show in my pink VW van. Hey, a girl can dream, right? Seriously though, applications are now being accepted for 2007's Stitch Austin. So what are you waiting for? Even if you can't afford to travel to Austin just yet, you can at least check out the site for photos, a blog, and online shop. P.S.) I didn't know about this but it looks like they even award grants to a well-deserving independent artist! The grant page hasn't been updated for 2007 as of yet but you can bet I'll be keeping my eye on it.

Hmmm...maybe I will being going to Austin after all...

Like I said, a girl can dream.

Stitch Austin
www.stitchaustin.com

3 comments:

Jennifer Perkins - Naughty Secretary Club said...

Hey Thanks for the post lady!

jenn said...

maybe we should apply as a mafia again! that would be rad. i've never been to austin ... always wanted to, tho!

yes, girls can dream. :)

Felicia said...

I just went to ICE Atlanta this past weekend and it was awesome. If Stitch is anything like it then it'll be fabulous!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!