10.5.07

More Proof that Sacramento is Crafty

I recently heard about a store in Town & Country Plaza called The Paper Garden. I heard about the store from fellow mafista, Missy, who arranges the store's window display. Yesterday I decided to go check it out. Oh-my-goodness, this place is a crafty girls dream come true! And I didn't even know that this store existed. My life will never be the same... *sigh*

Seriously, remember there used to be all those rubberstamps stores around? That was were all my allowance and birthday money went when I was in middle school. There even used to be one in Arden Fair Mall. But then, sadly, they all closed one-by-one. From then on, I thought my rubber stamp selection was limited to the aisles of my local craft stores. But now I've seen the light.

The Paper Garden has just about every rubberstamp imaginable. There are cupcake stamps, sock monkey stamps, airstream trailer stamps, stamps with 80s style boom boxes and tons of retro designed stamps. The store also carries a large variety of fancy paper, envelopes, and tags. There are paper punches in every shape and size. And the project ideas will leave you feeling inspired. I especially recommend this store to DIY brides.

It wasn't until later that I found out that this store is owned by Stephanie Nishikawa, who left a reporting job at Channel 13 to open The Paper Garden. What an inspiration she is to us all! You can read more in the Sac Bee article that I found on the web: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/ticket/archives/2006_07.html

Check out the photos that I snagged from Missy's blog:



2 comments:

Felicia said...

Wow! Mecca! :)

Felicia
http://fluffyflowers.typepad.com/

Purplelotusblossom said...

Oh yeah! That's the place near where Christina used to live!

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!