16.4.07

First Aid Swap-A-Rama!

I recently participated in a First Aid Swap - hosted by my friend and SCM partner, Missy Ballance.


I had the most wonderful swap partner, Monica of Happy Zombie! She sent me a very large and generous "First Aid Kit" - an adorable travel purse stuffed with goodies to make my next travel experience more enjoyable. The kit included a large bag of coffee beans (I will save those for an emergency, hehe) plus lots of pink necessities including pink candy, Hello Kitty bandages, strawberry toothpaste, a pink travel toothbrush...And lots more!


Check out the photos:


103_0189

103_0191

103_0193

I thought a First Aid swap would be really easy, but when it came time to make the kit, I drew a blank. I ended up making a “First Aid for Crafts” box. First I spray-painted an old cash box (thrift store find) with red paint, to match my partner’s sewing room (I saw photos on her blog). The painting was the hardest part because I really suck at it. It didn't come out perfect but I think it looked okay. Sorry, Monica!


Then I decorated the outside of the box with scrap-booking stickers (I found some cute ones that had a sewing theme). I “upholstered” the top and bottom of the cash box with teal felt.


I stuffed the box full of craft and sewing supplies – and an extra issue of Adorn that I had been saving. I made a little sewing box from an Altoid tin. Latly, I decorated a red apron (another thrift store find) with a handmade iron-on patch and sewed on buttons.


Here are my photos:


103_0183103_0180103_0182103_0176
103_0174103_0173103_0172

I sure hope she likes it!

2 comments:

Happy Zombie said...

WOW... did I SCORE! To have a swap partner who is so generous, so kind, so creative is awesome! I'm on a Rico Swappy high right now (and it's not the paint talking either).

This has been wonderful swapping with you Amy! Missy wasn't kidding when she said how nice you are! I owe Missy big time for partnering me up with you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Felicia said...

What a great idea for a swap! All those items are so in their little box. :)

Felicia
http://www.fluffyflowers.typepad.com/

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!