1.11.06

Peptogirl's Peachy-Keen Peach Pie

I promised to share some of my favorite pie recipes quite awhile ago. I'm so sorry it took me this long! But I promise it's worth the wait! Here is my recipe for peach pie. Like most of my recipes, I sort of mixed and matched my favorite ingredients from recipes I found in cookbooks and on the internet. It's a perfect recipe for Fall get-togethers. I call it Peachy-Keen Peach Pie!

Prepare crust according to my secret pie-crust recipe (see my earlier post. This will be a double crust, meaning that there will be a layer of crust on top of the pie, as well as underneath.

Peach Pie Filling:
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. corn starch, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 4 cups peaches, and 1 tsp. lemon juice in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 min.

Now poor the filling into the pie crust and add the top layer of crust, as mentioned in my earlier recipe. Try using the lattice top technique. It's not as hard as it looks (once you get the hang of it, it's even easier than doing a plain crust on top) and it looks oh-so-pretty!

Peptogirl's Peachy-Keen Peach Pie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!