23.4.06

Maker Faire, Bazaar Bizaare, and more...

Darryl and I went to the Maker Faire today - YAY! More impotantly, part of the Maker Faire was the Bazaar Bizaare. I was really excited to meet nationally known crafters, such as Leah Kramer (of Craftster.org and author of the soon-to-be-released book The Craftster Guide to Nifty, Thrifty, and Kitschy Crafts: Fifty Fabulous Projects from the Fifties and Sixties) and Greg Der Ananian (author of Bazaar Bizaare, the book).

More exciting news: Make is coming out with a craft magazine! Woot! I am ADDICTED to craft magazines & books! You can never have too many! See the Make site for more details!
http://makezine.com/craft/

Okay, okay, I know you are all dying to know what I bought at the faire. I have to say, there were some AWSOME crafters there and I wanted everything! What I did end up getting: Lots of crafty buttons, some bought and some given to me for free. I just HAD to get a few buttons from Leah (similar ones can be found here). I also got a small set of Bazaar Bizaare buttons from Greg - have I mentioned how much I LOVE his book? Oh, and I got an adorable crocheted cupcake pin from Twinkie Chan. Her scarves are a bit pricey at about $60 a pop, but they still sell like err... cupcakes. So cute! Check out the vendor list for more goodies!

Lastly, I got some good ideas for displaying my goods. I am SO lucky to have a partner that supports my crafty endevors. And shhh... don't tell anyone...but I think he had a little fun too ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!