25.3.06

Crafty Book Review

Darryl and I stopped by Tower Books today because I wanted to pick up the new issue of Bust when I remembered that I had promised Kathy (aka Crafty Chica) that I would buy a copy of her book: Crafty Chica’s Art de la Soul:
Glittery Ideas to Liven Up Your Life
. Alas, they were sold out, which I guess is good for the Crafty Chica. I have this thing about wanting to thumb through my craft books before I buy them, but seeing as this is the second bookstore I've tried, I think I'll have to settle for ordering online. If I hurry, maybe I can add it to my Amazon order. I'm currently waiting on 2 books: Katie Hacker's Hip to Bead and Leah Kramer's Craftster Guide to Nifty, Thrifty, and Kitschy Crafts : Fifty Fabulous Projects from the Fifties and Sixties (in case you've been living under a rock, Leah Kramer is the mastermind behind Craftster.org). Okay, enough about the books I'm waiting for - here's some books I recommend:

Hot off the presses! I just picked this one up today. It's got some excellent projects in it!

AlternaCrafts: 20+ Hi-Style Lo-Budget Projects to Make

Make a set of "cowboy curtains" or a mosiac flowerpot. There's even some instructions for a macrame bracelet that would be great for any man in your life! Oh, the possibilities!

A couple of my other favorites:

Bazaar Bizarre by Greg Der Ananian

This book has kind of a punk or gothic feel. Learn hot to make record cuffs, a heart-shaped vinyl coin purse, sock monkeys, and more. You'll also get an inside peak at designers who participate in the Bazaar Bizarre indie craft fairs.

Super Crafty: Over 75 Amazing How-to Projects! by Susan Beal, etc.

This book is packed with super-cute and silly projects, guaranteed to make you smile. You'll learn how to sew a skirt in an hour, make a granny sweater chain, and how to make leg warmers for your dog! There's lots of great projects made with objects that can be found in your own home. I love this book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let's get this party started!